Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I did it!!!

Well, your boy can say that he's done what he set out to do.  Around the middle of May, I enrolled at the University of Phoenix in a class called Orientation to the Exceptional Child.  It's basically a course about special education.  It's the course you are to take to gain your provisional license in special education.  It was very difficult.  I had some rough patches in my life during the class, causing me to wonder if I could concentrate on this class and doing well in it.  However I persevered.  I had people in my life who encouraged me and pushed me forward.  Not just that, but the people who encouraged me FAR outnumbered those who lacked faith in my skills.  I am so thankful for the encouragers in my life.  This is a shout out to you.  You mean so much to me.  I'm typing this through tears because I really needed that push from you guys.  Thank you so much for caring so much about who I am and not letting me forget that I can do all things through Christ.  I can do all things with the power of God and godly people in my life.  Even those who aren't believers encouraged me and I'm thankful for you.  I know that at times I could be my own worst enemy.  I tried to do the right thing and it ended up biting me in the backside.  However you folks never stopped believing in me. Not only did I complete my task, I got a 95 in the class.  That's pretty good for a guy who hadn't done school in almost 10 years.  Now it's time to pray that 1) my transcript doesn't get lost in the mail and 2) that someone in the county wants me as a special education teacher and wants me bad enough to hire me like tomorrow.  Well that's a stretch, but I wouldn't mind at least a month.  Again, I'm so thankful for all your support.  God bless you all.  You're not just my friends, you're my family.  We proved again that any person can do anything with God's grace and friendly encouragement from people who truly want to see you succeed.  Do NOT let anyone tell you that you can't do anything.  Don't let anyone tell you that you're not good enough, smart enough, talented enough, or anything else that would bring you down.  You take those words and let them motivate you to BIG THINGS.  There's a difference between being real and being a complete hindrance to someone.  Don't doubt other people's abilities.  Be their friend and encourage them.  Let that person decide when they aren't good enough for something.  You have no clue what someone is capable of.  My friends, fight the urge to quit when people tell you that you're not any good.  Beat the odds created by doubters and naysayers.  Win the battle of wills.  From now on, no person will ever tell me I'm not good enough without serious repercussions.  Those serious repercussions are not limited to proving you SO WRONG that people look at you like you're an idiot for even thinking I wasn't capable.  When you look at your family and friends (what little friends you'll have with all the doubt in your heart) and have to explain to them why you aren't celebrating my success, that's all the backlash I need.  Keep doubting me, and keep doubting people.  You'll see how wrong you are and you'll see that life always comes full circle.  God's good to me like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment