Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday...

First of all, I pray you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I hope that you all that are reading this had a chance to truly reflect on how blessed you are.  A few of you may not be believers that God is the reason for your blessings, but for us that are right, we're thankful to a God who truly blesses.  However, I have a bit of an issue.

Just a little food for thought

Now, I'm not innocent in this.  I can show some pretty ungrateful and greedy tendencies at times.  However, I'm fairly annoyed by some of the behavior of people today.  We just sat around a table all happy and thankful.  We share good times with friends and family.  Talk about how we're in America, living free from tyranny and stuff like they do in other countries.  And then stores decide to have Black Friday sales.  Now, Black Friday extends to the afternoon of Thanksgiving.  Now, I'm not upset about stores doing this.  In this economy, businesses need to gain as much money as possible and Black Friday is usually the day they go from red to black.  I have no qualms with that.  I also have no issue with people getting into huge lines to shop for major deals.  

Yep yep

It's what I just posted in the picture.  People trampling, attacking, and doing everything possible to beat other people to these deals.  It's dragging your children that should be in bed to the store.  It's pushing elderly people all over the place to get that last blender or high definition television.  It's just acting like a complete and utter barbarian for stuff.  Stuff that just three weeks ago you said you couldn't afford because a particular man became president.  Oh yes, I went there.  I don't want to hear anyone who went out hunting deals and spending money complaining about how the economy is in shambles and they can't afford anything anymore.  

Like the previous picture, we're forgetting that there are people who will never get the opportunity have a Black Friday to go all crazy for.  There are kids in other places, and in America, that just can't afford to get even the simplest of pleasures.  And it's not the kids' fault, so we should do what we can to help them.  We need to stop this whole "gotta have everything" attitude and start having a "gotta help as many as possible" attitude.  

If you want to know what I'm most thankful for, it's simple.  I'm thankful for my God who saved me Hell.  It's my family who supports me no matter what.  It's my friends who always make me smile and laugh.  I got to hang out with a wonderful friend a couple of days ago.  It was such a blessing.  I'm sure I'll see some more friends.  I'll be just as grateful.  I can afford to eat, sleep, and live in a place because of my awesome occupations.  One day, we all will get this idea that people are more important than dang near killing each other for a sale that a couple weeks ago, we weren't even thinking about going to because we were in such a terrible spot because the Evil Democrat won the election again.

Yep, I said it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment