Tuesday, November 13, 2012

This is Getting Out of Hand

By now, you all know that Barack Obama successfully was re-elected President of the United States.  Apparently, the hard feelings haven't subsided.  In fact, I'd say they've gotten pretty amped up.  It's sad, really.  The fact that there are 20+ states filing petitions for secession from the United States just baffles my mind.

I understand that President Obama was a terrible choice for all the Fox News/Republican contingent.  I even understand having some hard feelings towards the man for some of his policies.  However, to go through the process of actually trying to leave the greatest country in the world because of it?  That's a little extreme, don't you think?

Look, I'm all for freedom of speech.  I'm all for freedom of expression.  I'm totally against censorship.  However, how can someone want to leave?  How can someone hate a person in power so much that they want to start a petition to leave a country?  And I'll go ahead and say that all this secession talk is code for "we don't want to be run by a black man for another four years."  I know that's a hard nut to swallow, but racism and hatred are still prevalent in this country.  It's bordering on ridiculous.

Now, to any of you that are reading this and signed the petition, I have one thing to say.  Go ahead and leave the country.  It's obvious that you don't want to be the bigger person and accept your fate.  However, don't go to Canada.  They're more liberal than Obama.  Don't go to Mexico, the water is bad.  I'd move to Antarctica if I were you.  No wait, the penguins are black and white.  Don't want none of that mixing going on there.

Seriously though, this whole thought of secession is stupid.  Like I said in previous blog, it could be God's will that Obama is president.  Let go of this whole idea and just keep praying to God for him.  Give God the glory and just roll with this.  Don't try to leave.  Don't try to make a stink about being your own country.  And I don't care about how "peaceful" this petition is, you're being hateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment