Saturday, June 8, 2013

Summer Time

Another school year has come and gone.  This past Wednesday was the last day of school for the county I work in.  I have to say it was an interesting year.  There was a lot change just during the year.  I saw kids develop and grow into tougher kids.  I've seen kids develop their skills well beyond any expectation that some doubters had.  It was a pretty amazing year.

I made some pretty amazing friends.  I already have some great friends, but I made more.  You can never have too many amazing friends.  I looked it up, amazing friends limits just don't exist.  My co-workers were awesome.  I learned a lot from them.  I know that's weird considering I'm kind of an elder statesman, but if you're not learning, you're wasting your life.

I think about where I'm headed both this summer and my future.  I'm in that weird zone of what I would like to do and what I am doing.  I'm kind thinking about doing some classes to just go on and get the full teacher license.  I'm looking at different avenues.  Hopefully does avenues are cheaper and less time consuming.  Although, time consumption can keep me out of trouble.

I have summer time.  I know I'll be working with the fella, but I actually lucked out and got a pretty early shift.  That gives me all afternoons and evening to myself.  Maybe I could pursue that higher education thing.  I also plan on hanging out with my friends more.  I plan on going to Wednesday night church more often.  I plan on playing golf a little more.  I figured out a cheaper way to get lessons.  Just find my way to where the tour pro is teaching and eavesdrop.  Genius, I tell you.  I want to go to baseball games.  I want to get on a kickball team.  Yeah, kickball.  Which reminds me, if you're interested in playing with me, send me a tweet @TheOnlyTyronly or message me on Facebook.

I've been blessed to have some time to see my family.  My nephew is growing like a weed.  And honestly, he's a lot smarter than kids two and three times his age.  He's also very short sighted.  Kid can't stay still long enough to complete a task.  I guess we all were that way at one point.  Shoot, I didn't even talk till I was three.  It was just a lot of fun seeing my family again.  I'll see them again in August, along with my former high school classmates for a 15 year reunion.  That will be fun.

I'm also going on an awesome mission trip.  Last year I went on a mission trip to Sugar Hill, GA and it was tremendous.  This year I'm going to Chattanooga, TN.  Again we'll be helping build and repair homes.  That's what missions is, being helpful to those who need it.  Not just talking to them, but doing things that no one else would do for them.  It's supporting and helping those who can't quite help themselves.

Overall, I'm excited about this summer.  Not sure where it's going to lead me, but I know I will have a good time finding out.

No comments:

Post a Comment