Sunday, May 5, 2013

Insanity Mission Accomplished

Well folks, it's official.  I have finished my Insanity journey.  It took days of dedication.  Dedication not just to the exercises, but to healthy eating and living.  That means avoiding fast food, for the most part.  I do believe that it's okay to have it once in a while.  That meant getting proper rest.  That meant avoiding sodas.  I think I had two sodas in the past 2 months.  That helped me a lot.  I also had a lot of support from friends and family.  Many people that just wished me well in my endeavor.  People who have noticed my change.  It's just amazing to know that a lot has gone into this.  The biggest and most important thing is God's grace.  God's grace helped me through this program.  I can't thank God enough for giving me the strength to do it.

I did what's called a Fit Test to start the program.  Every two weeks, you do this Fit Test to track your progress.  You do eight specific exercises.  My progress from opening day until now is nothing short of amazing.  I increased my totals by as much as 400% from opening day until the final test.

My body has changed so much.  I'm about to post some pictures of the change in my body.  I'm not really about that kind of thing, but I feel like I should show the differences.  I started the program weighing 229 pounds.  I now weigh 210 pounds.  I started with almost 16% body fat.  I now have slightly over 10% body fat.  My waist is about 4 inches smaller.  My upper body is super toned.  I have endurance and flexibility that I haven't had since high school.  Maybe even more, to be honest.

I have some great aspirations now that I've finished this program.  I want to do something I have wanted to do for a pretty long time.  When I was in middle school, I thought about maybe attempting to do the Cooper River Bridge Run.  It's a 10K race done in my hometown of Charleston, SC.  I would love to do that now that I've gotten in way better shape.  So, I'm going to throw my name in the hat and do it next year.  I'll probably do a few smaller races too, but that's the one I want to do.  I think with enough training and practice and dedication, I could do some damage.

Opening Week 229 lbs
Week 2 224 lbs
Week 3 220 lbs
Week 4 219 lbs
Week 5 220 lbs (Visited Family for Spring Break)
Week 6 217 lbs
Week 7 215 lbs
Week 8 214 lbs
Week 9 213 lbs
Final Week 210 lbs




































As you can see, my progress is pretty good.  My body has transformed into something more athletic.  I'm blessed to be where I am.  This will be the only time you'll ever see me topless outside of a pool or something. I am so happy.  I feel so great.  It's not over though.  Now it's about staying with the healthy eating.  It's about keeping active and in shape.  It's about making a choice to make myself better.  It's also about trusting God to help you through it.  God says that our body is a temple.  I means to treat it with respect.  Keeping it healthy and living is a good thing.  Being alive long enough to be able to play basketball with future grandkids is a big thing too.  Overall, I'm just thankful for the opportunity.


Now I'm just hoping I win 500 bucks from the Beachbody Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment