Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Storm and How to Survive It

I've always been one to be thankful for whatever happens to me because it's happening to me.  I've always been one to just be able to accept the moment because I'm in it.  Today I got some pretty disappointing news.  I won't go into detail, but I'll just say that I didn't get what I was hoping for.  And you know, I'm okay with it.

I'm a firm believer in God's will.  I'm a firm believer that there is a reason for every, and there is no such thing as happenstance and coincidence.  I think about the news I got, and I think about why it didn't happen the way I wanted it.  Then I think again and realize that Christ is in control.

I also learned that when you ask for prayers and support, nine times out of ten, you get it.  I'm blessed to have the best friends and family in the world.  I had so much support and well wishes before the news came about.  I'm thankful for that.  I don't think I've ever thought about friendship and support until this past year.  It almost overwhelmed me how supportive my friends have been.

I often wonder how people can go without support from friends and family.  I wonder how people can go without faith in God.  You probably look at this story and wonder why God didn't just give me what I hoped for.  Sometimes, that's just too easy.  Sometimes, God has a special plan and He wants you to just trust Him.  I think I can do that better.  We all can.

The storm is a tough thing to go through.  However, a good umbrella for the storm is just support from friends and family and a faith in God.  It's good shelter.

1 comment:

  1. Just remember when he says no, there must be a greater yes :-)

    ReplyDelete