Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas

So, Christmas is upon us.  Now is the time to show good will towards men and display peace on earth.  Of course, that will never happen.  Mostly because of the idiots who think Christmas is an offensive word.  It's not a lot of people, but just enough to be annoying enough to get their way.  Since when did we back down from being who we are?  It's saddening.  What happened to telling people what you felt?

You people who are Atheists need to listen up.  It's Christmas time.  It means that when we tell you Merry Christmas, you say, "Same to you."  You don't come at me with your "Happy Holidays" or "Seasons' Greetings."  I don't want to hear that mess.  Get over yourselves.  I get it.  You don't believe that God exists and that all Christians are stupid, science-hating, Bible thumping morons.  However, you tend to forget all the good we do for pretty much anyone, whether they believe in God or not.  So when we wish you Merry Christmas, we really do wish that your Christmas is happy and that you realize that God is a good God and loves you plenty.  I know some of us Christians can make some bad choices and we can be our own worst enemy, but rest assured, we still want Jesus to be the reason for the season.

Yes I know, you Pagans love to throw in the fact that the whole gift giving, tree decorating thing was all you. Okay, cool.  You can have it.  Us Christians just made it a tad bit better.  Yes, I'm also aware that Jesus may or may not have been born in December and that the weather was probably vastly different in Israel than it is over here in America.  However, we're celebrating Jesus' birthday now because it's nice time to have it.  So, chill out.  Relax.

Alright, now I need to go off on mistletoe.  I kind of threw it out there on my Facebook status the other day, but it bears repeating.  If a person is willing to kiss a random person at the mere sight of a plant, you have to wonder what else they do with people they may or may not know.  I'd be a little weary about allowing someone access to me simply because I'm underneath a plant.  A plant that's poisonous, by the way.  I also have a problem with the ugly Christmas sweater.  Not the parties, those can be fun.  Just don't understand what possesses these knitters to think that the design they created was so neat.  There's just nothing attractive about a wool snowman on cotton snowflakes.

As we get ready for this Christmas season, I want to let you all know that I love you all and want you to be happy.  I pray that all your wishes come true.  I pray that God blesses you with whatever your heart desires. I thank you all for your support for this blog.  Your word of mouth and support has made this blog a pretty big deal.  Merry Christmas to you.  Never forget that Jesus is the reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment