Monday, March 4, 2013

Insanity

So, I've decided that I need to get myself in better shape.  I've started Insanity.  Well, I started it this morning, so I'm not even a full day into it.  I realized that I haven't been taking care of myself the way I ought to.  I'm not sure how I'm going to end up, but I know I'm doing right by me.

Over the course of the next 60 days, I'll be tracking my progress on this here blog.  I'll be sharing my weight and how I'm feeling each week.  As of now, I'm weighing in at 229 pounds and got ridiculously winded during my fit test this morning.  I've also decided to do better at eating food.  Mostly avoiding fast food and terrible foods is the key.  You can do it in moderation, but not buying fast food 6 days a week should be super helpful.  I even made a really good chicken dinner tonight that took about twenty minutes.  Chicken cooked in a mixture of lemon juice, ground pepper, minced garlic, and butter.  Place the chicken on a bed of brown rice, arugula, and sliced Baby Bella mushrooms.  I couldn't tell you how many calories that was, but I'm sure it was less than a number 3 with no onions at McDonald's.  

I'm pretty happy about this development in my life.  I'm sure that God has an awesome plan in all this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment