Monday, March 11, 2013

Week Two of Insanity

I've completed one week of Insanity, and I have to say that I'm feeling great.  I am down five pounds, from 229 to 224.  I feel more energized.  I can see my body taking shape.  I can see some definition in my body.  It's really amazing.  I am so blessed and happy with this.

 As I think about these developments, I can't help but thank God for it.  God has blessed me so much.  He's instilled this drive in me to want to better myself.  We hear that verse all the time about the body being a temple.  It's true.  We should care for our bodies as best we can.  I'm not talking bubble wrapping ourselves, even though that would be completely awesome.  I'm just saying not overindulging on things.  I'm saying not hitting the McDonald's every other day and hitting chicken wings the other days.

I have to say it's been tough.  Some of my favorite foods have been put on the back burner and replaced with great tasting, low calorie foods.  Actually, some of the foods have a good amount of calories, but I burn them all in no time. The Insanity workout calls for eating a lot so that you have the calories to burn.

It's also forcing me to have some discipline in my waking up and exercising.  I wake up every morning around 5:20 or so and work out.  I worry sometimes that I wake up my roommates with the exercising, but my concern over my health is a lot more important than my concern over disturbing others.  It was time that I started worrying about myself.  Not in a selfish way, trust me, I've met some fairly selfish people.  However, it's okay to want something for yourself.  People have asked me why I'm losing weight, exercising, all of that because they think I look great.  Truth be told, I want to do this.  It's my body.  I can do what I want.

Stay tuned next week for another update on my weight loss and experience with Insanity.  If you need it, I'll let you borrow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment