Friday, July 30, 2010

My Problem With The News

No I'm not talking about FOX vs MSNBC.  That's a whole new entry in and of itself.  My problem is the depiction of certain individuals in the news.  Watch this clip of a rape attempt gone awry captured by a news station.  The thing that frustrates me is that the news always tends to find the most ignorant of minorities to do interviews with on serious topics.  I guess in that clip, the producers couldn't help who the witnesses were.  However, couldn't they, at the very least, chopped up the video and found the more serious parts of the story.  It's like they went out of their way to find the silly parts.  This next video is pretty funny, but sad at the same time.



I just can't get out of my head that everytime the news has a story in a African American area, the most ignorant fool always gets an interview.  I promise you not all black folk are like that.  One, I've never seen a leprechaun.  Two, I don't make threats on television where there are thousands of witnesses watching.  I'm sure there is one or two black folks in that area they could have interviewed besides these folks.  There's always kind of a "how come you don't act like other black folks" question from folks.  My answer is, if I did I'd come out looking like these people.



YOU MEAN TO TELL ME NOT ONE WHITE PERSON WANTED THE $4.99 CHICKEN SPECIAL!?!??!

If you excuse me, I must play my leprechaun flute and ward off the spell of ignorance.

No comments:

Post a Comment