Thursday, September 30, 2010

I've Been Thinking...I Know, Bad Idea

It's been a while since I've posted a blog.  Sorry about that, it's just been a busy and hectic life I've lived over the past few weeks and this had to take a backseat.  People tell me how amused or inspired they are by my blogs and that humbles me.  To think that people from many walks of life look at my blog and enjoy what I have to say is truly eye-opening.  So I'll try my best to be a little more active in doing this blog.

I'm kind of sick of politics.  I'm not a genius about the subject, don't get me wrong.  However, I am a human being and I have an opinion.  That alone allows me to chime in on the subject.  First of all, I have an issue with the politicians.  It's not a big issue.  Their job is to make promises that may or may not come true to convince you to vote for them.  And of course they filter what they want to say based on their audience.  Doesn't bother me too much because I don't really listen to lip service.  At least not on purpose.  My big deal is with the "news" stations. This morning I turned on some morning news because a) I like Morning Joe because Joe Scarborough is a funny dude and b) Fox News is a couple of channels down, so it's good to go right near by a differing view.  However today, both channels shared a similar clip about a political candidate (name slips my mind) confronting a journalist about a story.  Fox defended the politician because he was a Republican.  MSNBC defended the journalist because the politician was a Republican.  Let's call a spade a spade, two immature, middle aged men are arguing in public and making fools of themselves.  What happened to that part of news coverage.  There's also a big huhbub about a lady who won the Republican primary in Delaware.  O'Donnell I think her name is...anyway, some news places are just ripping this girl apart because she doesn't say what she should and isn't like all the other Republicans.  But weren't people complaining about the Republicans being the same person every year?  Now someone is different and they rip her apart for not being like everyone else.  Make up your minds people.  Oh, and just a heads up, she won the primary, so she must be appealing to SOMEONE, and more of those someones voted for her than not.  Call the elections like they are and nothing else.  Stop giving me an opinion and give me facts.  I miss facts in the news.

No comments:

Post a Comment