Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Comeback Blog

It's been a while since I posted a blog.  My bad on that. 

Today is my birthday.  I decided not to do too much for my birthday.  However, this could be one of the best birthdays I've had in a while. 

It actually started yesterday when I baked a bunch of cookies for my co-workers at school.  I said I would do it, so I did.  They were a hit, thank goodness.  I got some goodies from some co-workers.  It really made my day.  A lot of well wishes from people, as well as perplexed looks when I told them how old I was.  It was nice.

I had a nice time with my folks at church and the youth group.  I got my Burger King crown.  The folks went around and said one thing they liked about me.  It was special hearing those things.

 I know that my birthday is the day where I'm kind of a big deal, however it's just humbling to know that your life is regarded so highly by people you love and respect.

In general, I have to say that this was an awesome birthday.  Just knowing that people care so much about you is really encouraging.

As I'm thinking about this birthday, it's a chace to look back at last year.  A lot of things have happened to me.  I moved to my own place.  As sad as having no roommates is, it's good for me to live alone.

I've cut the cord.  I have dropped cable television from my life.  I now use the Roku box.  I basically pay for the Internet and subscriptions to Netflix and HuluPlus.  Cut about 50 bucks from my monthly budget.  That's a good thing.  I have about 50 Roku apps that range from sports to movies to classic TV shows. 

I recently witnessed the Ken Ham-Bill Nye debate.  Atheists will tell you that Nye won.  Christians will tell you that Ham won.  God won the battle.  His Word was shared to millions of people.  Even if the people didn't want to hear it, they got it.  I think that was Mr. Ham's mission.  As a Christian, I am proud of the testimony and witness that Ken Ham showed.  Christianity isn't about outdoing someone or proving someone right or wrong.  It's about sharing Christ's love.  One thing I saw in Ken Ham was God's love.  You can hate the things of God all you want, but God isn't one to show off, so have at it.

Apparently, George Zimmerman wants to do celebrity boxing.  One, when did he become a celebrity?  Two, if he wants to be a boxer, why didn't he just outbox Trayvon instead of shoot him?  I wish Jason "Mayhem" Miller was still doing Bully Beatdown.  George would get crushed. 

I want to keep this blog going, so I'll try to post one a week.  Just talking about life and what I go through.

No comments:

Post a Comment